Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two-Three sentence book reviews!

The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen from Picador: An excellent novel that had me HATING several of the characters — which to me was the mark of a great writer. At one point I put the book down and thought, "Thank God no one in my family is like these characters!" Franzen's writing is funny, depressing and has a understanding of human nature that you don't find as often as you should.


Pig Island by Mo Hayder from Bantam Books: A so-so read that seemed a little too interested in mimicking the style of Dennis Lehane. The novel contains some interesting ideas, but I felt that the ending was rushed and unsatisfying.

I'm currently reading an advance copy of Union Atlantic by Adam Haslett sent to me from Double Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic